Sorry for the late reply--- In answer to Prof Price's inquiry of Aug15:
The episode of CBS-TV's series GUNSMOKE which won the 1958 Emmy was 'How To
Kill A Woman' (editor Mike Pozen), originally broadcast Nov 30 1957. Dir John
Rich, writer John Meston, featuring Arness, Weaver, and guest actors Barry
Atwater and Pernell Roberts.
    This episode of GUNSMOKE is available commercially (packed with three
other 26-min episodes, 4 per tape) from Columbia House Video Library, Terre
Haute IN, Tel 800-457-0866.
   (I won't bother to list the other editing nominees that year since they
are not available on video. Please write back if you want that list of 4).

On Aug 15, Prof Melissa Price wrote:
>Thanks to the folks who suggested several films that I can show my
>students concerning editing.  I believe, however, that I wasn't too
>clear in what I am looking for.

>I teach *video* production...  my students...  generally would not >make the
connection if I showed them a film and discussed
>editing principles....

>I'm in search of something along the lines of the old GUNSMOKE >editing film
(anybody remember that?).  Heck... Iffen that's available >I'd love to have a
copy.

>I'm open for suggestions.

Regards, Bet MacArthur     Arts Analysis Inst      Cambridge MA
              In Mass (617) 455 6189      In Los Angeles (310) 313 5059

              and c/o    [log in to unmask]