Sorry - I hadn't read all my mail before talking about the unavailability of
Clockwork Orange in the UK, Tony Williams obvious has a handle on the
facts, I guess
my assumptions are the effect of almost being too young to remember
anything other
than a Tory government in the UK.  But it is interesting to find that a lot
of us
think the film *banned* rather than withdrawn by Kubrick himself.

C. Kay Weaver
Department of Film and Television Studies,
University of Waikato
Hamilton, New Zealand.