Like Henry Jenkins, I am surprised that this question is being framed
as a mutually-exclusive choice. I use both whole films and extracts,
the latter usually when detailed analysis is required. But I am also intrigued
by the way American faculty seem able to use films in what would be for us down
under a prodigal fashion. Do you have mroe money for such expenses? or are
hire charges smaller? And how do you get around what is the main problem for us
- copyright limits?

Ina Bertrand (La Trobe University, Melbourne)