I'm currently working on a popular article on the theme 100 years of film - 100
years of film censorship. Even if its mainly focussed on the Swedish censorship,
I'd like to include the ea rliest case of a film being banned known to man. The
first film I know about is the british "cheese-film" of 1898, as told about in
Tom Dewe Mathews's CENSORED. There must have been older incidents, and who is
better to ask than the prominent circle around SCREEN-L.

Cheers,

Ulf