It strikes me that Mike Frank, or mike frank, or the human who is called
by other humans "Mike Frank," really desires to think of film as a kind
of text.  Well, I don't want to stop him.  I just don't think of it that
way.  I think the topic is getting a bit warm, though, as in flamey.
Stavis and I don't think about it the way Frank thinks about it.  There's
nothing wrong--or even particularly interesting--in that.  Nothing
personal was intended by me.  I'm actually trying to defend what I think
film is, and I trust that Mike Frank is too.