The most impressive website I've found in my dissolute wanderings is
up-and-running.  Pack a good lunch if you visit.
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 14:25:36 -0600 (MDT)
From: Kristina Ross <[log in to unmask]>
To: Cal <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: media history website

        The first web site dedicated to media history is now up
        and running.  It features links to Internet resources
        that focus on the historical aspects of the following
        eras, practices, and/or media technologies:

                Oral/Scribal Culture
                Printing and Print Culture
                Telegraphy
                Journalism
                Photography
                Telephony
                Music and the Recording Industry
                Film
                Television
                Computing
                Plus a section on general historical reference

        Currently, the site includes only links to other areas.
        The benefit of this is obvious, since there are no other
        exclusively media-history oriented sites that centralize
        links to existing resources.

        In the future the site will also (hopefully) publish essays,
        bibliographies, papers, and other appropriate content.

        If you have any recommendations for further development of
        this site, please email Kristina Ross, the chief cook and
        bottle washer, at [log in to unmask]

        And now, the ADDRESS!

        http://spot.colorado.edu/~rossk/history/histhome.html

        Best viewed in Netscape 1.1!!!