I have a question about the current commercial for Michael Jackson's new
album. To me it's bizzare, to say least, to use what appears to be very
militaristic/statuary imagery that recalls propagandistic Soviet glory
surrounded by ecstatically anticipatory youngsters. Whenever I see it,
the word "fascism" occurs to me. Does this commercial relate in some to
the overall theme of the album? Or what? What buttons is Jackson
attempting to push with this ad? Anyone know or care to speculate?

Patrick Bjork
Dept. of English
Bismarck State College