got a chance"...yes I think the point is parallel to Blow-up, about
the subjectivity of interpretation, this time of sound rather than
image.  But on a more practical note I spent several days interviewing editor
Murch and the sound editor of The Conversation.  The sound editor told
me that the change in accentuation was an unplanned variation created
during the looping session. The editors used it--though they were afraid
it was gimicky   --because they couldn't think of a clearer way of
explaining Caul's new interpretation to the audience. liz weis