I recently saw a documentary on A&E (part of the Biography series) on
Donald Sutherland.  It was made by the National Film Board of Canada in
about 1987.  Donald Sutherland has had terrible tax problems.  So I am
assuming he made _Puppet Master_ and other B movies for money.  He also
said in the documentary that he has tried to support Canadian filmmaking.
However, I think many of his projects are financially motivated.  I don't
know what motivates other well-known actors to become involved in
"sleaze-type projects," but I imagine it's the desire to work!  At the
time this documentary was produced, Sutherland had made something like
60 films!

Kristine Brancolini