The photojournalist that you are looking for is Eddie Adams.  I don't know if
he did the filming - but I do know he was the photojournalist who captured the
images.  As an aside - there was some questions years later about if the photo
had been faked - they tracked down the general who had no quams about admitting
that he had shot the prisoner.  If I remember correctly - the man who was
killed had just killed a friend's family.  It is a striking image and appears
in most photojournalist books and/or books on war photography.