I wonder if you could even break the suggestions into categories of
narrative involvement or simply types of recorded messeges? Voice? Sound?
Image?

Also, I should say that _VIDEODROME_ brings up an interesting ambiguity
whether Dr. Brian Oblivion is prerecorded, or what? I love that this
topic has been addressed because I am working on a film where a character
communicates through time using something like television (which has
something to do with the inscription and transmission of sound, I hope.)
I recommend a book called Wireless Imagination

Jesse Burden