> You say Schiller's model is based on "the crudest conception of audien-
  ces. Indeed, Schiller may be (he is) a "dependista", but who did
  research to prove the contrary ? Of course, I know the theory of "a more
  balanced television flow", some even talk about reverse media imperialism
  referring to the exports of mexican and brazilian telenovelas. I also
  know that worldwide people prefer national programs to imported
  products.
  Where do I find the results of reception research in Latin America ?
  Some scholars argue the telenovela is a latinised copy of US-series.
  What does the telenovela mean to the brazilian viewer, to the mexicans, ...
  and what does "Melrose Place" mean to them.

--
[log in to unmask] (COPPENS ANNE)
Student Communicatiewetenschappen