----------------------------Original message----------------------------
In article <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] writes:
>> service available in your university/college? If I wanted to acquire
>> equipment to transfer videos from European format to VHS what would I need?
>>  Answers to any of the above questions would be most gratefully received.
>>  Susan Denker, Tufts Univ./Museum School
>>  Boston
European format IS VHS, as far as I know, only the colour encoding
is different - it's PAL or SECAM, whereas the US and Japan use NTSC.
I don't know about your personal situation, but if you, say, acquire
tapes from Europe and want to show them in class (without
copying them for all your friends....:)), it would be enough to
have a Worldwide System-VCR-player, which can play both formats (PAL/SECAM and
Birgit Kellner
Institute for Indian Philosophy
University of Hiroshima