 Concerning the mighty PXL2000, it is the case that besides the use of
the camera for a sequence in _Slacker_ and its acclaimed use by Sadie
Benning (and many other video artists!!!) there exists a full-length
feature that was done by Richard Almereyeda called _Another Girl, Another
Planet_ This project was shot with a Pixelcamera, edited on video (I
believe?), and then tranferred to 35mm. For the distribution I understand
that he wanted it to be bumped to film in order to reach a paying
audience (mostly attended by PXL-users no doubt) but I would have
preferred the exhibition to be unique to its medium by projecting video.
In fact, the quality of a Pixel-image at that size allows for an even
deeper swim through the smoky light.
 The reasons for the PXL2000 not having been massively produced rests on the
point that because the mechanism for writing image/sound to tape had to
crank through a 90 minute tape in 7 minutes, thereby using the tape
heads to a great degree, replacement costs for new heads made the
75? dollars seem unreasonable. Word is out that the inventor is
rereleasing a new version in 1995, but no word, as of yet, describes
directions to the store that carries them. I believe it will be released
in London, England before reaching the United States.
 In thinking about the possibility of undermining the film/video industry
with a "kid's toy" I wrote a story about a kid that creates a mock film
industry out of a pixel camera and a dual tape deck stereo. He shoots
while keeping a record of the shots and later makes his edits with the
stereo system.
 Unfortunately, the technique described above hasn't worked for me...
that is not to say that it shouldn't be tryed again. I have sent several
Pixel projects to friends as Art Objects, never having seen the digitized
image or any of my edits.
 I hope that any of this is an inspiration to go out and shoot with a
Pixel camera because I still haven't tired of the quality of the image
and would love to see more.
                          See you in the remake...   Jesse Burden