<<2.  I find it odd that the Speaker Designate has jumped on the Al Gore/Info
Superhighway/Third Wave/Alvin Toffler bandwagon and is making it a
conservative issue.  I've heard him reference THE THIRD WAVE several times
in the past week.>>

This seeming anomaly is gone into in depth in last week's The New Yorker
magazine in a lengthy article about Gingrich. Seems he is a sci-fi buff,
among other things, and has long been a technology advocate. Some of his
other interests are quite alarmingly "far-out" and I recommend the article
highly.

Gene Stavis, School of Visual Arts - NYC