I'm an advertising photographer working in the Washington, DC area. in 1985 I
came up with a concept for a piece of software that I would find useful to my
work.  On many occasions I had been left to scramble or left "high and dry"
by the sun not being or going to the location I needed it to be for the photo
that was needed.

Three years ago, with nothing found on the market, I set about creating it
myself.  It is called "SunWhere"(tm).  What it does, simply put, is this:
select the name of the place your interested in, and the date; the software
draws a map of the sun from the time it rises till it sets.  You will know
the direction of your location "light sorce" for the entire day.  Weather it
is a morning shoot or evening shoot.  I'm nearly finnished with the product
and would like to get some feedback.  I would like to know your reactions to
the usefullness this might have for you.

Concurrent with my publishing this software I will be publishing a similar
application that does the same for the moon and draws the shape of the moon,
on that date, at that place.

E-mail any reactions you might have to "Ex 213"  Thanks!

P.S.  Subsequent to my starting this project there has been several other
similar products introduced.
 These all require you to know the:
 -latitude of the place
 -longitude of the place
 -the magnetic declination of the place
 -the # of hours from Greenwich Mean Time for the place
 -the observance of Daylight Savings Time for the place

I'm pleased to know, with all the time, work and money I've invested, that my
software is unique in that the user needs to only know the name of the place
and the date.

Tentative publication date is January 1, 1995. Initially the data base covers
the 50 states of the United States.  Other locations can be manually imputed.