I agree with these comments. My uncle is a literature professor in PA, and I
convinced him that the screenplay is indeed a viable literary form,
especially in that it challenges the reader to visualize the story in "real
time" (as it is being read, time passes normally; 1 page = 1 minute, etc.)
Not only that, many still adhere to the classic Aristotelian three act
criteria, and it's a helluva great study when a script deviates from this.

His class was a great success. When presented in this light, screenplays can
indeed rival classic literature.

pjk