On Fri, 4 Nov 1994 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Does anyone know what documentaries have been made in the past on Beijing?
> More specifically, do you know if much has been done on the "forbidden city"
 of
> Beijing?

In the seventies, Joris Ivens made a serie of documentaries about China :
How Yukong Moved the Mountains.

Many filmmakers ot the National Film Board, in Montreal, went to China in
the senteties and eighties. Many of them have parts about Beijing. I know
those by Georges Dufaux, Marcel Carriere. They are usualy available
through the ambassies or canadian consulates. You can also write to

Office nationl du film - National Film Board,
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
H3C 3H5

Yves Lever, Montreal