CINEMA-L is winding a similar thread right now, so forgive me if I've posted
this here before.  Several sites claim Laura Ingalls Wilder as their own,
exploiting the popularity of the LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE series of books
and especially the tv show.  Blooming Grove, MN has a pageant called
"Fragments of a Dream" each summer and Highway 14 from Mankato west was
recently designated the Laura Ingalls Wilder Highway.

As with Baum, the irony is that she lived "on the prairie" only a few years,
migrated from Wisconsin to S. Dakota and other places.

--Don Larsson, Mankato State U., MN