On Tue, 9 Aug 1994, Simon Hart wrote:

> I found the revenge aspect of White more amusing than repellent. I feel
> that you must take Kieslowskis Trois Couleurs as one, and only then will
> the voyeurism (metaphor) become apparent.

        I have not been able to catch "White," but I've been aware of the
storyline for sometime.  Several writers I know have spoken a LOT about
the story.  More than once they've tried to write some new stories using
some of the story elements used in "White."   I seem to remember another
story, similar to "White" many years ago too.  Hitchcock's TV show?

        Perhaps the years and years of male-bashing by the
gender-feminists out there have attracted the writers to the storyline?
I don't know.  In fact, I wonder if screen writers (in gerenal), react to
changes in society as they happen, or some time later?  I don't think the
Hollywood "system" has much to do with it since they can sure churn 'em
out pretty quick when they want to.  Obviously, before the general demise
of PC, writers, if they were white males, had to be very careful about what
they said or did.  I wonder, now that the air had cleared somewhat, will
we see an avalance of "suppressed" screenplays and films?   Now that we
are again allowed to speak our minds freely, are there a lot of other
"White's" out there?

                     "I'm pink, therefore I'm Spam"
                                                Descartes
---------------->from John G. Thomas ([log in to unmask]) <-------------------