Ms. Bryson, apparently blinded by the heat of her passion, failed to
note even though she quoted it that I included myself in the category
of people prone to treat those with whom I disagree with disrespect.
That is why I appreciated so much the example set by Donna Cunningham,
and hope to live up to it.
  I must apologize to Ms. Bryson for my need to use a qualifier like
"apparently" when I make a statement about her state of mind, but I
can't and won't claim to perch on a post from which I see all and know
all with absolute clarity.  I can only surmise from the evidence at
hand.
                                                Stephen Brophy
                                                Cambridge, Mass.