E L E C T R O N I C   M E S S A G E

                                        Date:     18-May-1994 02:20pm EST
                                        From:     Stephen Hart
                                                  HARTS2
                                        Level:    Post-secondary/University
                                        Tel No:   904-644-4839

TO:  Remote Addressee                     ( _jnet%screen-l@ua1vm )

Subject: re: Crooklyn and Letterman

Robert,
Brecht and the Brechtian approach were not mentioned during the QandA
session or the lecture. (What is the Brechtian approach anyway?)  Lee was
asked if Mookie did "the right thing".  Lee answered that he did not know,
and he himself doesn't know if there is a "right thing".  I assume he means
within the context of the movie.  I haven't seen it, so I can't offer a
conjecture.

Gloria,
I don't watch Letterman because I don't think he's funny.  He does some
stuff that's worth a laugh (Skycam, etc.) but they are either overused or
too far between.  For that matter, I don't think any of the surviving late
night talk show host are funny.  Leno gets on my nerves and Arsenio is too
busy getting off on how hip he is.  There are other things on TV that are
better viewing than those shows.  I think only Whoppi Goldberg's show had
annything going for it:  She opted to have intelligent conversation with
one guest instead of showcasing dull humor and stupid skits.

Stephen Hart, Florida State Univ.
HARTS2@firnvx