Mr. Crill,
     Temper, temper.

       I am posting this to the multiple recipients, in reply to your posting,
because I want to express to you (and anyone else with similar feelings of
Listserv-wide responses) why some people choose to post their reply rather than
directly send it to the originator.
           1.  Some people are ignorant (I'm sure you'll agree)
           2.  Other people might want to know some information relating to a
 comment or question posed by the originator.
      On several occasions, someone would ask a question about, say, a certain
movie genre, and several people would post their responses.  I found both the
question and the answers that followed to be interesting and thought provoking.
Think about that: it stirred some interest, not just in me, but probably in
others.  Anyways, isn't this supposed to be a DISCUSSION group?  Shouldn't a
discussion take place "in front" of all interested?  A few times, however, I
can see the merit in people directing their e-mail to the orignator, but when
the responses may be interesting to others, why not?  Besides, one can skip
over an unwanted messages quite quickly.
       Sorry if it seems like I'm ragging, but I'm just showing another view.

                                                 Joe Knapp
                                            Central Michigan University
                                              Student/nice guy
                                             "Kill Clipper"