Are the names Tenley Albright and Carol Heiss as familiar to you as the
names Peggy Fleming and Dorothy Hamill?  I doubt it.  Albright and Heiss
were American women who won the figure skating gold medal (in 1956 and
1960).  Albight and Heiss were champions when the Olympics games were
still a sports competition.  In the 1960s ABC-TV and Roone Arledge ("Up
Close and Personal") turned the Games into the sports motifed TV soap
opera that we have now.  I don't think the 1956 Winter Games were
televised at all; parts of the 1960 Winter Games were televised in a sort
of primitive style (by CBS).  We never got up close and personal with
Albright or Heiss which is, most likely, why both quickly faded into
relative obscurity. There is a big connection between the Olympics and TV.
Why shouldn't we discuss it on a Film and TV List?

Mary Kalfatovic, Washington, D.C.