In relation to the Soviet film distribution companies-
 Larry Harman (aka BOZO the Clown) attained the rights to most of the
cartoons made in the Soviet Union from 1945 (Wedding under the Sea, 1st
color release) thru the late 1950s. These prints have been syndicated
over the years- I believe Harman sold a new package of them last year.
Harman had copyrighted these under "new" titles, somtimes giving the
same film more than one title. The older prints of these things also have
a strange end title and voice-over stating "This picture has been approved
by the United States military" or something like that. I guess this was
added so we knew these cartoons were not poisoned by the evils of
communism.  Official films also released at least a few of these, including
 Wedding under the sea (Now titled Undersea Wedding) and a few stop-motion
 shorts.  Sterling films of England released a handful of soviet cartoons
as well, mostly stop- motion, b/w prints. The neat thing about Harman's
 16mm prints is that they were almost always Kodachrome.