I am in the process of trying to raise money for a documentary
film project and was wondering if anyone knew of a format for a proposal
such as this. It will be going to both governmental and private sources.
I have found in attempting to prepare this that I am having a hard time
not going into the entire story, which would go on for many pages delving
into both style, content and narrative and visual approach. I feel that
this might not be proper to submit to funding sources. Maybe I am wrong,
and that is the way it is done, but I know that in the past when I have
submitted successful grant proposals they have been relatively short. I
just wonder if there is a recognized convention for this type of document.
If this is not correct fodder for discussion on the list maybe someone
would be kind enough to E-Mail me privately. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Frankel