Any allusions to her childhood, or any traumas inflicted during her childhood,
were not seen from my perspective.  However, I think that if any were made they
would have taken place in the opening sequence, or montage I guess.  I only saw
the movie once but I vaguely remember the beginning of the film as being very
tripped-out.  The aesthitics of the shots, along with the power of the music,
might have blurred any references to her childhood.  I wonder who that old lady
was that gave the menacing glare as our heroine was playing. Hmmm...  maybe
there is a metaphor there.

To SandraB
From MikeN