Date: 29 Nov 93 10:30:27 U
From: "Tony DiSanto" <[log in to unmask]>

I've not yet seen the film, only heard the score, and I've not had a chance to
listen to it closely, but I was impressed at the way Nyman has managed to blend
so-called "New Age" elements with classical Romanticism.  He said in the liner
notes of the soundtrack that he used Scottish folk music as his inspiration for
the piano music, but I don't really hear it; what I hear are French
Impressionist influences (Debussy, Satie) and Nyman's usual Serialism, by way
of Glass and Reich; and, yes, the New Age sounds of George Winston.

These are only first impressions, and they may be completely off base.