Yes, Mark, I agree with your insights of "Breaking Away,"
        which was an excellent film about youth. You reminded me
        of the love scenes, which I liked too, but what I best
        remember were scenes with thundering classical music. Do you
        recall that the Dennis Christopher character sees that a
        beautiful girl has dropped her notebook, so he scoops it up
        and chases her ... with her on a motorscooter and him on a
        pedal bike ... and the soundtrack really gets bombastic!
        What a scene!  And then, later, Christopher does that little
        racing-with-the-transfer-truck scene to loud classical
        music.  Whatever happened to Dennis Christopher anyway? Ernie.