Yes. I've always wanted see all of this again. (David Cook mentions it in
a footnote of his textbook).  What I remember is Lenin laughing very hard
at Chaplin films and saying that this little man represents the working
class suberting the ruling class etc etc.

In the HBO Stalin production, Josef and daughter retreat to private
screenings of Chaplin as well.  And of course Eisenstein spent time with
CC in Hollywood....but I don't guess Lenin or STalin made it into the
CHAPLIN biopic now in release?? (Haven't seen it to know.)

dan streible
austin