Having been a film student I recommend that you show whole films, let
the students get a feel for them, and show them films that they are
unlikely to have viewed.  One of the first courses I did was on Roeg
films, I thought it changed my life, I had never seen films like it
before.  I loved Goddard too but know that I was opne of few to be
able to staqnd watching them.  Students love movies which seriously
address ythe issue of human relations , gives them a chance to be
introspective (man).  If you show films which are available on video
students can then watch them again in their own time.  Showing film
clips has its limitations, and I think is incredibly frustrating, also
I reckon that they allow for some real sceptism to creep in when
talking/lecturing about them because students feel that they need to
see the whole thing before passing judgement.

Well these just some ideas/thoughts, keep us posted as to what you end
up doing

C.Kay Weaver
Postgrad Research
Film and Media Studies