On Mon, 25 May 1992 14:30:00 PDT Christian Taube said:
>esting for their uplink to Brecht.  Related to Frontier Films
>is their immediate predecessor group, Nykino, and the various
>Workers' Film & Photo League groups that thrived in particular
>in Chicago and New York during the Depression.  I could dig up
>some source references if there's interest.

 Here's one you may have missed, Christian:  Russell Campbell wrote
 his dissertation on Chicago's Film and Photo League.  Must've been
 around 1977.

      It takes an active sense of humor to survive in Big Tuna.
                               --WILD AT HEART

| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
| SCREEN-L Coordinator                 | BITNET   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |