Concering The Ren and Stimpy Show:

    This has to be one of the funniest cartoons I've ever seen in my life.
Too bad no "real" network picked it up, but, then again, the creator said in
an interview that he figured that all the major networks would find it a trifle
too bizarre for mass consumption.  Thank God for MTV (and God help me for ever
thinking I'd utter those four words in one breath...).  It's too bad that there
are only six episodes out so far.  I've seen them all at least 20 times each.
It's a shame that it's primarily targeted toward small children, because there
are SO many references that I'm sure would zoom over their tiny heads.  But
never fear, more episodes are on the way, including one where, reportedly,
Frank Zappa will do a guest appearance as the Pope.  I can hardly wait.

                                           Buryl H. Woodard

"Squeak, squeak I tell you, SQUEAK!!!!" -- Ren Hoek