Judith,
Yes you are correct, the translation was correct as I recall it
(I have since erased it) and the post suggesting the other
translation was in error.  If the object is DIRECT object noun,
the pre-verb pronoun is not required; if DIRECT object pronoun,
the preverb pronoun is present and the prepositional form
optional; if INDIRECT object noun, the preverb pronoun is
required; if INDIRECT object pronoun, the preverb pronoun is
present and the prepositional form optional.
  Veo a Maria. (I see Mary)
  La veo (a ella).  ( I see her)
  Le doy el libro a Maria. (I give Mary the book)
  Le doy el libro (a ella).  (I give her the book)
Simple, huh?  But this is the gospel truth.  Anyone who
says it isnt doesnt know His/Her St*ff.
--Gib   <N567126@ncsuadm>