>Camille Bacon-Smith's book on fanzines ("Enterprising Women", which
>I mentioned earlier) focuses on Star Trek, Blake's 7 (does anyone
>know if this series is available on video?),

Yes, _Blake's 7_ is available on video. In the U.S., you can order
tapes through Video Catalog. I don't have their address. Liam? But
I do have the address of the Canadian company that supplies the
tapes to them: BFS Video and Audio, 350 Newkirk Rd. North,
Richmond Hill, ON L4C 3G7. (416) 884-2323.

So far, only the first 12 episodes are available (6 tapes with 2
eps easch). Tapes were supposed to be released every two months
but the ones that should have come out this month are still missing.
They were most unsympathetic when I began sobbing into the phone...

>The Professionals

What is this?

>All of the shows feature strong male duos,
>which makes it possible to fantasize homoeroticism.  Bacon-Smith
>deals extensively with the issue of why the fans would rather
>write about male characters than female ones.

Not all fanzines are slash, though. Some are adult but heterosexual
and some lack any sexual content at all. More's the pity. 8-)
You've read Bacon-Smith's book? I had to special order it because
I couldn't find it in a bookstore.

>Does anyone out there
>know of research done on other fan communities -- from earlier times,
>other cultures, other genres?  Thanks
>Pam Inglesby

All the fanzines I've seen listed involve either SF or adventure series.

>>Although all the books and articles focus on ST, fanzines exist
>>for almost every SF and adventure show: even those long off the air:
>>Man From UNCLE, The Prisoner, Battlestar Galactica, Blake's 7 (isn't
>>that right, Liam? 8-)
>
>So I'm told, Sue... so I'm told...  8-)
>(Blake's 7 should, of course, be top of the list...)

I was saving the best for last...

                        Sue