On Tue, 25 Feb 1992 14:26:57 +0100 Bert Deivert - Svenska-Filmvet. - HiK said:

>Some of the films mentioned in the article I read were unavailable in Sweden.
>They were:
>Android  - Aaron Lipstadt  1982, Akira - Katsuhiro Otomo 1988, Class of 1999 -

A footnote, Bert:

When I was a grad student at Northwestern, Aaron was working on his
PhD there (don't know if he ever finished it).  His dissertation topic
was Roger Corman and New World Pictures.  One spring break he talked
Films Inc (a 16mm distributor) into loaning him about 30 New World Pix.
He and I spent most of that break in a musty screening room working
our way through the best in '70s exploitation fare.

Then Aaron went out to Hollywood and scammed an interview with
Corman and from there began getting directing jobs--e.g., on MIAMI
VICE.

Thought you might want to know...though I'm not sure why...

      There's little worse than being peerless in a peer-review system.

|                                      | BITNET   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
| SCREEN-L Coordinator                 | GEnie    :           J.BUTLER27 |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |