What do you mean, Jeremy - about Sodankyla not being in Finland?
It definitely is - and the Festival is for real, or surreal, as
I have been informed by some of my graduate students here in
Trondheim,Norway, who attended the festival last year.
The arrangers of this featival usually manage to attract very
interesting film personalities for their festival, in a
setting of midnight sun and vodka and miliions of mosquitoes.
I'd definitely like to give it a try, but I'm attending the
Nordic Mass Communication Studies Conference in Reykjavik,
Iceland this summer, and there goes my travel budget.
Bjorn Sorenssen
Department of Drama,Film and Theater, Univ. of Trondheim
- I haven't been able to figure out how to
place those alertnating "bon-mots" yet -