Apologies for cross posting

This is just a reminder for our A Celebration of Time Travel conference!
Abstracts are due March 03, 2023 at popcultureconference.com.

We are now accepting submissions for the tenth anniversary Pop Culture Conference, hosted by DePaul University! This year’s “Celebration of Time Travel” will take place in person in Chicago for Keynotes, Workshops, Presentations and Roundtables on May 20, 2021. More details can be found at popcultureconference.com

This event will feature roundtable discussions from scholars and fans of Time Travel media and science. Our keynote speakers are Jana Sinyor, the creator of Being Erica, Dr. Ron Mallett, Emeritus Professor of Physics, University of Connecticut, and Caroline M. Yoachim, author of Seven Wonders of a Once and Future World.

Participants may propose papers about a broad array of ideas related to Time Travel media, the science behind it, or other elements of time travel’s cultural impact. All papers should be 5-7 minutes long. The audience for this event is both graduate and undergraduate students, both fans and scholars. You may propose multiple papers and panels.

Some possible topics include: The ubiquity of time travel in media; the lessons time travel teaches us; the morality of time travel; race/ethnicity and time travel literature; science and time travel; religion and time travel, teaching with time travel, etc.

Please submit an abstract of your talk by March 03 via our website, https://popcultureconference.com/2023-a-celebration-of-time-travel. If you are interested in contributing to our published charity volume, papers of 2,000-5,000 words are due by Friday, March 31.

 For more information, please check out popcultureconference.com, sign up for updates on Facebook (search “A Celebration of Time Travel”), and follow us on Twitter at @dpu_popculture. We hope that you will be able to join in the discussion and celebration!

--

Paul Booth, PhD
Pronouns: he, him, his

*Email Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use by the addressee. Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the message. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail may solely be the views of the author and cannot be relied upon as being those of DePaul University.