GRADUATE PROGRAM IN MEDIA STUDIES AT PRATT

https://www.pratt.edu/programs/ma-media-studies

VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE

TUESDAY, JANUARY 17, 2023, AT 7PM (EST)

Register: https://forms.gle/53n4c6zAYSrMxzLb6

Join us online to find out more about our Master of Arts in Media Studies. Meet our faculty and find out about their unique approach to the meaning of media today. Faculty represent areas that include new media; documentary studies; global media; media and the urban environment; media and performance; music/sound studies; media/attention economies; media ecology; archaeology of (new) media; world cinema; race, ethnicity, gender, and sexuality in the media; and media, activism, and social change.

Hear from our core faculty members:

Mendi Obadike (https://www.pratt.edu/people/mendi-obadike/;

http://blacksoundart.com/);

Minh-Ha Pham (https://www.pratt.edu/people/minh-ha-pham/;

https://www.minhha-t-pham.net/);

Jonathan Beller (https://www.pratt.edu/people/jonathan-beller/);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji2SZmHdhss); and,

Ethan Spigland (https://www.pratt.edu/people/ethan-spigland/);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gC4UcJKhRk).

Meet current students and alumni of the program conducting practice-based research in film, fashion, social media, and the intersection of the media with installation, performance, and the digital arts.

Find out about our cutting-edge courses, our small class sizes, our teaching and learning innovations, and the community of scholar-practitioners that make up our creative intellectual community.

Learn about how the MA in Media Studies at Pratt takes advantage of the vibrant environment of an art, design, and architecture school and how we draw on a larger community of artists and designers on and beyond our campus who are using and producing the very media we study.

Ask questions about career prospects and professional development opportunities for media studies graduates in the arts, humanities, education, and social justice; research assistantships and internships; possibilities for further studies at the doctoral level; and, generous scholarships and other financial assistance.

Consider how an MA in Media Studies could help you situate your creative practice within the contemporary media environment and communicate more effectively across media platforms.

TO REGISTER FOR THE VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE:

Register: https://forms.gle/53n4c6zAYSrMxzLb6

For more information, contact

Gina Marchetti, Chair of the Department of Humanities and Media

Studies, [log in to unmask]

or Mendi Obadike, Coordinator of the MA in Media Studies program,

Gina Marchetti, Ph.D.
Chair, Humanities and Media Studies
Pratt Institute
200 Willoughby Avenue