New Review of Film and Television Studies

New Review of Film & Television Studies

Winter 2022 Issue 20.4

Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce the publication of Issue 20.4 (Winter 2022), featuring articles by Kevin Chew, Elizabeth Ellison & Tess Van Hemert, Dan McFadden, Carolina Rocha, Olivia Stowell, and Tim Shao-Hung Teng. See the Table of Contents for article abstracts as well as a list of book reviews by Stephanie Brown, Arya Rani, and Ryan Watson.

Olivia Stowell's "
‘It’s Top Chef, Not a Personality Contest’: Grammars of Stereotype, Neoliberal Logics of Personhood, and the Performance of the Racialized Self in Top Chef: New York" was awarded First Prize in the 2022 Society for Cinema and Media Studies Television Scholarly Interest Group Graduate Essay Contest. We're also excited to announce that the 2023 contest is underway; current graduate students and registered members of the SCMS TV SIG are eligible to submit manuscripts in advance of the December 20, 2022 deadline for award consideration; please see complete cfp here. The winning essay will be published in our Winter 2023 issue.

Over on the NRFTS Blog, enjoy
Seung-hoon Jeong's commentary "The Convoluted Cinematic Experience in the Age of Netflix; article tie-in reflections by Tim Shao Hung-Teng ("The Politics and Pedagogy of East Asian Cinema at an American University") and Mario Slugan ("John Oliver, Film Scholar"); and embarking on our forthcoming special issue "Cinematic Mountains," Kamaal Haque's review of Action: Let's Climb!.

Please bookmark the NRFTS Blog, and we welcome your pitches/proposals for contributions at [log in to unmask].

For latest news and promotions, follow us on Twitter and Instagram. We welcome article submissions through our website, where guidelines for authors can be found.

Kind regards,

Maria San Filippo, Editor-in-chief
Matthew Connolly, Book Reviews Editor
New Review of Film and Television Studies

NRFTS Blog
Issue 20.4 Article & Review Excerpts
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Website
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Email
Copyright © 2022 New Review of Film & Television Studies, All rights reserved.

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]
Emerson College · Department of Visual and Media Arts · 180 Tremont St., 9th floor · Boston, MA 02116 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

--
https://twitter.com/cinemariasf

---- Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex podcast: http://screenlex.org