Hello,

I am excited to announce a faculty job search for a tenure-track position that combines media production and film studies.  The Department of Communication at the University of Massachusetts Amherst invites applications for a tenure-track position in Film Studies and Media Production. We are seeking talented applicants qualified for an assistant professor position. Under exceptional circumstances, highly qualified candidates at other ranks may receive consideration. We seek a colleague who is a Film Studies maker-scholar and whose research includes a commitment to critical paradigms expressed and embodied both in scholarly publication as well as through moving image production.

This maker-scholar position will help integrate our Film Studies curriculum with our Media Production offerings, while expanding the range of courses we offer in both these areas at the undergraduate and graduate levels. This position extends a department tradition and commitment to original, interdisciplinary research that includes written as well as critical and multi-modal scholarship. Specific areas of expertise are open, with preference for candidates whose work is focused on Black cinema and expressive culture, critical race, and/or postcolonial perspectives on film and media. Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.

https://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/514284/assistant-professor-communication-critical-media-productionfilm-studies

I would be pleased to answer any questions that may arise about this position.

best wishes,
Shawn Shimpach
Associate Professor
Department of Communication
Integrative Learning Center, Rm N332
650 North Pleasant Street
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003-1100

413-545-2341

editor: The Routledge Companion to Global Television
---- Screen-L is sponsored by the College of Communication and Information Sciences, the University of Alabama: https://cis.ua.edu