Dear Colleagues,

I’m pleased to announce that the latest issue of the peer-reviewed journal Short Film Studies (12.1) has been published online. I’ve included a list of the issue’s articles below.

Best wishes,

Cynthia Felando

Editor, Short Film Studies

https://www.intellectbooks.com/short-film-studies

Short Film Studies, Volume 12, Issue 1:

-- Michele Meek, An Interview with Claudia Morgado E. on No Bikini

-- Florentina Andreescu, Enjoyment and Alienation of an Embodied Life in No Bikini

-- Caitlyn Doyle: Beyond Documentary: Alanis Obomsawin’s Cinematic Worldview

-- Greg Dolgopolov: Germinating the Ant Plant

Featured Short Film Auteur: Agnès Varda:

-- Brittany Murray, Historicity and Photography in Salut Les Cubains

-- Richard McLaughlin, Agnès Varda’s Cinematic Writing as Political Art in Black Panthers

-- Julia Erhart, Manufactured Memory and the Still Photograph: Agnès Varda’s Short Films Ydessa, les ours et etc… [Ydessa, The Bears and etc…] (2004) and Ulysse (1983)

-- Tim Palmer, Beside Du Côté de la Côte (1958): Agnès Varda’s Early Applied Cinephilia

-- Colleen Kennedy-Karpat, Teaching L’Opéra-Mouffe (1958)

---- To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF Screen-L in the message. Problems? Contact [log in to unmask]