Hi everyone,

I wanted to reach out and ask you for help in the research of one student of mine. I am mentoring her thesis on Xavier Dolan, and she is trying (so far in vain) to find someone who would be similar to him in those aspects:

1/ direct himself/herself in multiple films (e.g. being at the same time director and actor/actress);
2/ openly state that the characters played by him/her are sort of autobiographical;
3/ make first of his/her films fairly young (in his/her 20s, 30s).

She was so far able to come up with few names who, however, do not correspond with XD in one or more above-mentioned aspects, as is Ben Affleck, Woody Allen, Orson Welles.

Any suggestion would be very welcome!

Best,

Petra Dominkova, Ph.D.
FAMU, Prague, Czech Republic