The Department of Film and Media at Emory University, Atlanta, GA, is seeking two new hires at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor to join our faculty beginning August 1, 2022.

Global South:

We seek a tenure-track or tenured Assistant or Associate Professor whose research focuses on media/film industries of the Global South. We are specifically interested in scholars who conduct research in one of the following areas: the continent of Africa, the Asian diaspora, and/or Latin America. Areas of specialization may include (but are not limited to): popular indigenous production, distribution and consumption; local media/film cultures; or international co-productions and distribution in multiple regions. Informed by post- colonial and post-national perspectives, the scholar’s research will complement our current strengths in American media and film. http://apply.interfolio.com/94368

Review of applications will begin on October 10. Applications received by November 10 will be given full consideration.

Digital and Social Media:

We seek a tenure-track or tenured Assistant or Associate Professor in Media Studies, with a specialty in Digital and Social Media. We are specifically interested in scholars with a humanities-centered approach to digital media technologies and cultures, particularly social media. Areas of specialization may include (but are not limited to): online activism; media distribution (such as streaming platforms); social media communities; algorithmic bias; mis- and dis-information; fandom/audience studies; and/or the intersections of race, gender, class, sexuality and other identities with digital platforms. We welcome applications from scholars whose work focuses on American and/or international/global media. apply.interfolio.com/94666

Review of applications will begin on October 17. Applications received by November 17 will be given full consideration.

Applicants for either position must have a Ph.D. in hand in media studies, film studies or a related field. To learn more about faculty responsibilities, see the following: http://college.emory.edu/faculty/documents/faculty/faculty-responsibilities.pdf

To apply, please select the position you are applying for and submit the following through Interfolio:
-Letter of Interest
-Curriculum Vitae
-Three Letters of Recommendation
-One Writing Sample (article-length)
-Teaching Portfolio (which should include teaching philosophy, two relevant syllabi, and teaching evaluations, if available)
-Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement (1–2-page statement of contributions made and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education)

Emory University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.

----
Screen-L is sponsored by the College of Communication and Information Sciences,
the University of Alabama: https://cis.ua.edu