Name: Anthony Dannar
Category: Announcements and Queries
Subject Line: In Media Res – “Consent Culture: Bad Acts and Teachable Moments”

This week on In Media Res: (January 18-23)

Here is the lineup: http://mediacommons.org/imr<http://mediacommons.org/imr/>

Monday, January 18, 2021 –Nektaria McWilliams (Oxford Brookes University) presents: “When Consent is Not Enough in I May Destroy You”

Tuesday, January 19, 2021 –Daniel Delmonaco (University of Michigan) presents: “Online Consent Education and LGBTQIA+ Youth.”

Wednesday, January 20, 2021- Andrew Ó Baoill and Emily Venuti (National University of Ireland Galway) presents: “Does the Princess say ‘yes’? Portraying consent in Disney’s The Little Mermaid”

Thursday, January 21, 2021- Amber Hardiman (University of Michigan-Ann Arbor) presents: “Consent Pedagogy and Practice: Exploring Consent Discourses alongside other Gendered Social Concerns in Porto, Portugal, 2018.”

Friday, January 22, 2021-Sarah Erickson (Trinity University) presents: “We had fun[?}: The limits of a consent framework in The Bold Type”

Theme week organized by Tanya Zuk (Georgia State University).

Anthony Dannar

Graduate Teaching Associate/Ph.D. Student

Georgia State University

https://screensite.org/