*apologies for cross-posting*

Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce the publication of our new issue (18.2),
featuring these essays and reviews:

*“The Style of Ingmar Bergman's Films” *

Barry Salt

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1735229

*“Progressive Moralities: Introducing New Discourses of Gender and
Sexuality in 1990s Tamil Film Songs” *

Peter C. Pugsley and Dhamu Pongiyannan

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1732178

*“‘The Greatest Love Stories on Earth?’: The Ethics of Community in Social
Documentaries” *

Laurel Ahnert

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1732179

*“The Paradoxes of Precarious Labor in Observational Documentaries Today”*

Mike Meneghetti

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1738830

*“Dare to Digress: Cinematic Self-Discovery in Victor Erice's Dream of
Light” *

Trevor Mowchun

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1744407

*Television Rewired: the Rise of the Auteur Series*, by Martha Nochimson
(University of Texas Press, 2019)

Jason Jacobs

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1738065

*The New Gay for Pay: The Sexual Politics of American Television Production*,
by Julia Himberg (University of Texas Press, 2017)

Chelsea McCracken

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2020.1739368

Additionally, in support of racial justice and in solidarity with
#BlackLivesMatter, we are offering the following articles *free access
through July 31*:

*“Get Out and the Legacy of Sundown Suburbs in Post-Racial America” *

Elizabeth A. Patton

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2019.1622889

*“A Cult Film by Proxy: Space Is the Place and the Sun Ra Mythos” *

Jamie Sexton

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400300600981942

*“‘It’s All the Way You Look at It, You Know’: Reading Bill ‘Bojangles’
Robinson’s Film Career”*

Hannah Durkin

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2012.658263

*“Water Color: Radical Color Aesthetics in Julie Dash’s Daughters of the
Dust”*

Diana Pozo

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2013.812707

*“**This Scholarship Is Important: Experiences in Newspaper Historical
Research of African-American Voices on Radio” *

Bala Baptiste

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2018.1524960

*"Imitation of Life: New Forms of Spectatorship"*

Laura Mulvey

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2017.1377936

*"Romantic Female Friendships as Resistance: Subversive Web Series in the
United States and India"*

Molly Bandonis & Namrata Rele Sathe

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17400309.2019.1664052

To help spread the word, and for latest news and promotions, please follow
us on Twitter @NRFTSJournal <https://twitter.com/NRFTSJournal> and
Instagram @nrftsjournal <https://www.instagram.com/nrftsjournal/>. We
welcome submissions through the portal on our website, where information
about the journal and guidelines for authors can also be found:
https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rfts20/current

Wishing you health and fortitude during these challenging times.

Kind regards,

Maria San Filippo

Editor

--
*New Review of Film and Television Studies
<https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rfts20/current> *