Lindsay Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
1:52 PM (3 minutes ago)
to LISTSERV
Hi everyone, and apologies for cross-posting,

I'd like to announce the release of my new book with Oxford University
Press, which looks at the locally-based translators and guides hired by
documentarians and international correspondents when they work in regions
with which they are culturally unfamiliar. The book draws on postcolonial
theory, critical global studies, and media industry studies to analyze the
production narratives of 75 media "fixers" from 39 different countries.

Hope it may be of interest!  Thanks,

Dr. Lindsay Palmer
Associate Professor
University of Wisconsin-Madison