20% Discount
Screen Culture<http://politybooks.com/bookdetail/?isbn=9780745653242>
Richard Butsch, Rider University

"Richard Butsch's highly original and very readable overview of the development of screen cultures is particularly striking in the breadth of its chronological and geographical coverage.  His knowledge and scholarship, based on an extensive career, ring out from the text."
Richard Maltby, Flinders University

Drawing on an enormous trove of research on the USA, Britain, France, Egypt, West Africa, India, China, and other nations, Butsch tells the stories of how media have developed in these nations and what global forces linked them. He assesses the global ebb and flow of media hegemony and the cultural differences in audiences' use of media. Comparisons across time and space reveal two linked developments: the rise and fall of American cultural hegemony, and the consistency among audiences from different countries in the way they incorporate screen entertainments into their own cultures.

Paperback, 9780745653259. April 2019, $26.95 20% discount $21.56*
*Use promocode P2019 at politybooks.com; valid until June 30th 2019

Lydia Davis
Senior Marketing Manager, North America
Polity