This week's In Media Res theme focus is Memes (September 12-16).

Here's the lineup: http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

In Media Res | a mediaCommons project<http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/>
mediacommons.futureofthebook.org
In Media Res is a MediaCommons project ... On: "The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly": Spectatorship and Platform Performativity from the ...

Monday, September 12 - Robert McEachern (Southern Connecticut State University) presents "Memes as Subversion?".

Tuesday, September 13 - Cameron Lindsey (University of Texas at Austin) presents " 'I hate context!' The Adaptability and Spreadability of Garfield's Many Memes."

Wednesday, September 14 - Lauren Jackson (University of Chicago) presents "Meme Merge."

Thursday, September 15 - Melanie Wolske (California State University, Long Beach) presents "Make America Dank Again: Why Political Memes Don't Work."

Friday, September 16 - Rene Hobbs (University of Rhode Island) presents "Meme-Making for Digital Literacy."

Theme week organized by Ethan Tussey (Georgia State University).

Also, In Media Res has extended its call for "Blockbuster Reflexivity."  Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kydj_bNMXgSgi_SvN_tfAp7rlPvDAg9bT7kT2XKiA34/edit

[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/R1wbSRrK3mgrWM0SymDnvuY11yBk3Fh-cJZqVaAnQy53aO3uqxG6yVRrkVFqX812m5n7rg=w1200-h630-p]<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kydj_bNMXgSgi_SvN_tfAp7rlPvDAg9bT7kT2XKiA34/edit>

Blockbuster Reflexivity<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kydj_bNMXgSgi_SvN_tfAp7rlPvDAg9bT7kT2XKiA34/edit>
docs.google.com
IN MEDIA RES FALL 2016 CALL FOR CURATORS "Blockbuster Reflexivity" CALL: In Blockbuster Reflexivity, Liam Burke explains how, in the early 2000s, "film executives, publicity departments, and filmmakers, who had initially greeted online fandom with trepidation, acknowledged its benefits" (14...

To receive links for each day's post and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure to "like" our Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

In Media Res | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel>
www.facebook.com
In Media Res, Atlanta, GA. 2,154 likes · 12 talking about this. In Media Res is dedicated to experimenting with collaborative, multi-modal forms of...

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR.

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask] or email the Coordinating Editor, Ethan Tussey, at [log in to unmask]

Best,
The In Media Res Team

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org