*Media Industries* Publishes Second  Issue

Visit us at mediaindustriesjournal.org
<http://www.mediaindustriesjournal.org/index.php/mij>.

Dear Friends,

We are pleased to announce that the second issue of *Media Industries* is
now online. We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that
October 1st is the deadline for which to be guaranteed consideration for
our first peer-reviewed issue, to be published in spring 2015.

*About Our Second Issue*

Issue 2 is the second in a series of three issues to be published this year
that features essays authored by our esteemed editorial board. Each of the
board essays discusses the state of the field of media industries studies.

Articles featured in this second issue include:

   - Work in the Media - Mark Deuze
   - Media Industries in an Era of Big Audience Data - Timothy Havens
   - Transnational TV: What Do WE Mean by "Co-Production," Anymore? -
   Michele Hilmes
   - Media Industries in Revolutionary Time - Marwan M. Kraidy
   - Media Industries in India: An Emerging Regional Framework - Shanti
   Kumar
   - Welcome to the Unregulated Wild, Wild, Digital West - Denise Mann
   - Media Industries and Ecological Crisis - Richard Maxwell
   - "It's TV's Fault I Am This Way": Learning From Love/Hating the Media
   Industries” - Phil Oppenheim
   - Politically Charged Media Sites: The "Right," the "Left," and the Self
   in Research - Yeidy M. Rivero (US)
   - Navigating the Two Worlds of Research - James Schwoch
   - The Ramifications of Media Globalization in the Global South for the
   Study of Media Industries - Herman Wasserman
   - Home is Where Hollywood Isn't: Re-casting East Asian Film Industries -
   Emilie Yeh

*This issue as well as all future issues and the submission portal can be
found at mediaindustriesjournal.org <http://mediaindustriesjournal.org>.*

*Call for Papers*

*Media Industries* is a new peer-reviewed
<http://www.mediaindustriesjournal.org/index.php/mij/about/editorialPolicies#peerReviewProcess>
, multi-media, open-access online journal that supports critical studies of
media industries and institutions worldwide. We invite contributions that
range across the full spectrum of media industries, including film,
television, internet, radio, music, publishing, electronic games,
advertising, and mobile communications. Submissions may explore these
industries individually or examine inter-medial relations between
industrial sectors. We encourage both contemporary and historical studies,
and are especially interested in contributions that draw attention to
global and international perspectives, and use innovative methodologies,
imaginative theoretical approaches, and new research directions.

*More About Media Industries*

The journal is maintained by a managing Editorial Collective
<http://www.mediaindustriesjournal.org/index.php/mij/about#edcol> and Editorial
Board <http://www.mediaindustriesjournal.org/index.php/mij/about#edbo>
comprised
of an international group of media industries scholars. For additional
information about the Board and Collective, please visit:

*Media Industries*

Website: mediaindustriesjournal.org
<http://www.mediaindustriesjournal.org/index.php/mij>

Email: [log in to unmask]

Facebook: facebook.com/mediaindustriesjournal

Twitter: twitter.com/mediaindjournal

Sincerely,

Amelia Arsenault, Stuart Cunningham, Michael Curtin, Terry Flew, Anthony
Fung, Jennifer Holt, Paul McDonald, Brian McNair, Alisa Perren, and Kevin
Sanson